Since 2.0 was a major release, the original plan was to have 2.1 be a “only bug fixes” release.
Here comes Xuggler 3.0! Here’s some of the new features you can try out:
- A simpler API for decoding and encoding: MediaTool. See the new tutorials, but we think it rocks.
- New MemoryModel technology that can speed up Xuggler programs by over 40%.
- Improved scaling for multi-threaded programs, including the ability to interrupt blocking calls.
- Seamless Java IO support (e.g.
- A simpler API for getting access to video, audio and packet memory.
- The ability to query which formats and codecs Xuggler supports.
- … and more!
As usual, read the release notes for details.
– Art & Robert