A few days earlier than planned, here comes Xuggler 3.1: “Chloe”.
“Chloe” was planned as a bug fix release (and the release we finalize our commercial terms around), but we couldn’t resist and added a few new features as well. Here are some of “Chloe’s” highlights:
- Xuggler Professional licensing terms are now complete and published (the free AGPL-version remains available as always).
- Installers for Linux & Mac users — no more long builds.
- Support for encoding Speex and Vorbis audio and Theora video.
- Support for getting and setting MetaData on files like MP3.
- Support for generating SDP descriptors for RTSP streams.
- Support for creating IVideoPicture and IAudioSamples directly from memory-mapped files.
For details, the release notes are here.
– Art & Robert