We have some exciting news: We’re hiring! If you meet the following description, I’d love to chat with you: You are an enthusiastic, self-driven rock star with experience writing high-volume Java-based servers supporting rich Internet applications for real users. You love to get code into production, but know when to step back and invest in architecture as well. You like writing code, but also love mentoring your team mates as well. You love learning new technologies and move from novice to expert quickly. Terms like Java, Erlang, XMPP, EJabberD, Spring, AMQP, RabbitMQ, FFmpeg, Xuggle, Hudson, JUnit, Virtualization, Flash or MySQL make you curious.
Background on us: We are a small profitable startup with real customers you’ve heard of. We believe that solving real customer problems is the path to success. We believe that people want to collaborate, but collaboration means more than text – it means seeing and hearing each other. We believe that great technology is important, but a great team environment is as important. We believe that family and work are not mutually exclusive. We believe that team members should have health-care and should share in the profits we generate today.
If interested, please drop me a note at email@example.com and tell me a little about yourself. And for bonus points, tell me how you’ve used Xuggle, Hibernate and/or Spring to build really cool shit before.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- You will work with a larger team to architect and develop collaboration applications.
- You will work primarily in Java and SQL, and will work closely with Flex & HTML developers.
- You will provide architecture guidance to multiple development teams
- You will be a significant individual contributor of Java code
- You will review code written by others and serve as a mentor
Required Job Related Skills and Experience
- You have at least five years experience writing server-side code in a production client-server environment (Java preferred).
- You have experience with high-volume production environments.
- You have worked with HTML or Flex teams and provided APIs they use.
- You believe writing unit tests is a critical part of the development cycle.
- You have worked successfully in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing priorities and features. and making appropriate decisions based on risk.
- You quickly learn new technologies on your own.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- You are a US Citizen.
- You are based in the Bay Area, California, USA and willing to work in Emeryville.
- Experience with Red5, WowzaMedia, FFmpeg, C++, Erlang, Spring, Hibernate is good.
- Experience with Java application servers such as Tomcat, Jetty, or others.
- Operational experience with both Linux and Windows environments.